According to Livestock Research for Rural Development (LRRD), dairy farming is the single largest sub sector of agriculture in Kenya. Kenya’s dairy sub sector contributes about 8% of Gross Domestic Product (GDP) with an annual milk production of 3.43 billion L. Although smallholder Dairy farmers make up to 80% of total dairy producers and produce […]
In partnership with GIZ and iceaddis, and in close collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture of Ethiopia and the Ethiopian Agricultural Transformation Agency, CTA recently awarded six Ethiopian start-ups at the Green Innovation and Agritech Slam 2019 (GIAS2019) competition.
CTA has been operating the AgriHack Talent initiative since September 2013 when its first ‘hackathon’ for agriculture was organised. Ensibuuko, a youth-led company from Uganda (they now offer digitally-supported financial management services to around 200,000 farmers), won the first prize.
- ProFish: a catch for Ghanaian fisherfolk
- Call for Applications : online training on business model development and Pitch readiness
- Trackball Global Technologies – Helping urban farmers
- Business models and key success drivers of agtech start-ups
- Pitch AgriHack boosts agri start-up development
- Artificial intelligence: matching food demand and supply
- Jaguza Tech: Livestock management simplified
- Senegalese start-up revolutionises fish sales
- A Nigerian start-up unlocking the potential of large markets for smallholder farmers
- Smart Brooder: Providing hope for Kenya’s poultry sector